Life Planning 5 Minutes

Friday, December 9, 2016

Medical School

Harvard Medical School 

Name and Location: Harvard Medical School (Boston, Massachusetts) 

Admissions Requirements: All applicants to the DMD program must at least earn a bachelor's degree by the time of enrollment. All prerequisite courses must be completed by the time of matriculation. Candidates are required to take the following courses to be considered for admission: 1 semester of biochemistry, 2 years of biology, 2 years of inorganic or general chemistry, 2 years of organic chemistry, 2 years of physics, 2 years of english, 1 or 2 years of calculus I, II, 1 or 0 years of statistics, cell biology is recommended, and microbiology is also recommended.   

Tuition: The application fee at Harvard is $100. Its tuition full-time: $55,850. There are three components of financial aid which are: stipend, a tuition, and fees. Students are supported their first two years of medical school by BSDM. Beginning in their third year, the Dissertation Advisor funds the student’s stipend and fees; BSDM funds the student’s tuition. For years 5 and beyond, the Dissertation Advisor funds all student expenses: stipend, tuition, and fees. 

Degrees Offered: They have a combined degree program that offers you the following degrees: MD/PhD, MD/MBA, MD/MPH, and MD/MPP. But it all depends on what type of medical field you want to work on. 

Areas of Study and Specialization: There are a total of 50 areas of study and specialization. Some of these studies are, credit for special programs, office for research subject projection, dental medicine, and health services.   

Image result for harvard medical school

Reflection: Would you like to attend here? Why? Why not? 
I would like to attend this school because when I grow up I want to study to be a physician and a surgeon. This medical school of harvard studies on surgeries and physicians so it's a perfect fit for me. But then I do not know because I have a scholarship for UCLA and Cal State Northridge. These two schools are two of the best schools out there. I really don't know what school I would attend right now. I need to do a lot of thinking. But Harvard Medical School is also a really good school so I would probably attend to this school as well if I get accepted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment